Arthur Martin, from Queensland, Australia, taught at Australian Missionary College in 1923. A year after he arrived on campus, construction was started on a new music building which was completed a year later and equipped with four American-made Poole pianos. The music program flourished during Martin's six years at the school.
He decided he would leave at the beginning of the 1928 school year but postponed his departure until the end of the year. When he left, he was publicly honored for his service and given a new hymnal after he conducted the traditional cantata on graduation weekend.
Source: Based on information found in the Avondale College centennial history, Avondale, Experiment on the Dora, Milton Hook, Avondale Academic Press, 1998, 138, 152.